strange java hibernate story from today

today I was developing a new request from customer. its not a big issue just adding a new Boolean field will cover the request and will work happly ever after. I added my new "isActive" field into hbm xml then pojo. and started the app in windows with tomcat maven plugin. there was nothing wrong hibernate started up smoothly and update the table and added my new field into the persistent level. I like hibernate more, everyday :)

its just like a dog. best friend of men. which helps for everything and expects only our love :D anyway I decided to deploy our new class to server which runs weblogic 11g. I went to ssh and run "svn up" then "mvn install" then went back to weblogic console for updating our big webapp. then I gave the path of war and said update then started the app. then started waiting log to come and make me smile :) and it said there is no getisactive function in the class. I just added and run in my laptop it was working fine. how the hell it happens I have no idea. java and oracle has a lot issues and terminology and keywords. I probably clash with one of them.

then I convert my field name to XboxActive and changed function names respectively. then without trying in my laptop directly deployed it. and it started working. sometime I dont have the power to investigate all details of a problem. and this is one of them :)

just a simple note dont use "isActive field ine a complex hibernate spring project if it runs on weblogic" :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Postgresql group by day, week and month examples

Next (2007)

Spring-boot vs Quarkus